Who can open a Flender pension account?
Anyone with one of the following self-managed pension arrangements already in place:
- Small Self-Administered Pension Scheme (SSAS)
- Personal Retirement Bond (PRB)
- Approved Retirement Fund (ARF)
- Approved Minimum Retirement Fund (AmRF)
Your pension product will need to be held with one of our participating trustee companies and you will need to confirm that you have received investment advice from a qualified financial advisor who is willing to act as investment manager.
How do Flender Pension Accounts differ from standard Flender accounts?
To access the considerable tax benefits associated with lending through a self-managed pension arrangement, there are certain requirements that need to be met.
Flender Pension Accounts have been created to satisfy those requirements and to make lending on Flender an acceptable form of investment from your trustee’s perspective.
Flender Pension Accounts differ from standard Flender accounts in a number of important ways:
- A minimum first transfer of €20,000 is required
- A set up fee of 2.5% will be deducted from your initial deposit
- Minimum bids of €500 apply to pension accounts
- Agents of your trustee company can access & view activity 24/7
- Agents of your trustee company can access real time reports on your investment activity 24/7
How do I set up a Flender Pension Account?
Check to see if your trustee company is working with Flender. Currently The Independent Trustee Company (ITC) is working with Flender.
- Complete the Pension Account online application. Select Account Type as 'Pension Account'.
- Download and complete the Pension Account authorisation document.
- Have the document signed by your QFA, who agrees to act as investment manager, and return it directly to your trustees.
- Your trustees will approve your Flender pension account and facilitate the first transfer.
Can I apply for a Flender Pension Account?
If you are interested in creating a Flender Pension Account, consider the following before getting in touch:
- Do you already have one of these self-administered pension arrangements in place; SSAS, PRB, AmRF or ARF?
- Is your self-administered pension arrangement administered by our participating trustee company? Currently The Independent Trustee Company(ITC) is working with Flender.
- An initial deposit of €20,000 is required to open a Flender Pension Account and there is a 2.5% initial set up fee.
- Flender Pension Accounts have a minimum bid requirement of €500.
You can apply for Flender Pension Account here.
What if I have an existing SSAS, PRB, ARF or AoRF in place but not with a participating trustee company?
In this scenario, you have two options. You can speak to your trustee company about working with Flender and ask them to contact us on 01 5510716
Alternatively, you can speak to your financial advisor about switching your existing arrangement to one of our participating trustee companies.
What if I don't have an existing SSAS, PRB, ARF or AmRF in place?
If you would like a Flender Pension Account but don't have one of the necessary pension arrangements in place, you will need to set one up through your financial advisor and it will need to be with our participating trustee company.
When you have an SSAS, PRB, ARF or AmRF set up with one of our participating trustees, you will be able to apply for a Flender Pension Account.